Kencoa Aerospace is an advanced aerospace manufacturer of precision machined components, sheetmetal fabrications, and complex assemblies for commercial, military, and business jets world wide. Our location in Eastman GA (2 hours south of Atlanta and 45 minutes from Warner Robins Air Force Base) is a Tier 1 supplier for Boeing Defense, Boeing Commercial, Lockheed Martin, Gulfstream, and more. Kencoa prides itself on hiring highly motivated and skilled individuals who have a wide range of experience within the Aerospace industry.
Qualified applicants should send email with resume & cover letter to: Job@KencoaAerospace.com
DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON – DO NOT PHONE CALL TO INQUIRE.
All applicants must provide proof of citizenship and submit to a criminal background check and random drug screening.
Kencoa Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Kencoa Aerospace, LLC
|JOB TITLE: CNC Machinist 2|
Reports To: Machine Shop Lead Classification: Hourly
Department: Machining Department Pay Scale: Negotiable
The CNC Machinist 2 is a highly skilled position responsible for the unassisted set-up and operation of 3,4,5 axis CNC mills and lathes. Two years of Machining experience required.
- Advanced machine operation skills
- Work with programming to optimize set-ups and programs
- Train other teammates in set-up and machine operation
- Operation of manual mills, lathes and/or tool making
- Takes the lead role in bringing new equipment online
- Cooperate / work with teammates from all departments
- Promote a positive attitude toward the Company and its customers and reports.
- Be accountable for required assignments; time management; successful completion of assigned work and reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 2 Years Machining Experience Required
- Complete, unsupervised set-up and operation of CNC machines
- Interpretation of engineering data, CAD drawings, and GD&T
- Proficient use of measuring equipment to verify part accuracy and perform complex benchtop inspection
- Perform complete deburr and blending of parts to customer specifications
- Read / understand G & M codes and their effects and application in a CNC program
- In-depth understanding of fixtures and work holding
- In-depth understanding of cutting tools and their application
- Set-up tools and make offsets, both tool and fixture
- Good communication / problem solving skills
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Preferred degree in Machine Tool Technology or 5 years CNC experience.
- Primary work in manufacturing environment with some exposure to heat, cold and noise conditions
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
As a CNC Machinist you will be graded on the following areas:
- Punctuality and Attendance
- Quality of Work
- Job Knowledge
- Work Effort and Initiative
- Meeting schedule and quality requirements