Kencoa Aerospace is an advanced aerospace manufacturer of precision machined components, sheetmetal fabrications, and complex assemblies for commercial, military, and business jets world wide. Our location in Eastman GA (2 hours south of Atlanta and 45 minutes from Warner Robins Air Force Base) is a Tier 1 supplier for Boeing Defense, Boeing Commercial, Lockheed Martin, Gulfstream, and more. Kencoa prides itself on hiring highly motivated and skilled individuals who have a wide range of experience within the Aerospace industry.
Qualified applicants should send email with resume & cover letter to: Job@KencoaAerospace.com
DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON – DO NOT PHONE CALL TO INQUIRE.
All applicants must provide proof of citizenship and submit to a criminal background check and random drug screening.
Kencoa Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Kencoa Aerospace, LLC
|JOB TITLE: HEXAGON CMM OPERATOR/QUALITY INSPECTOR|
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager Classification: Hourly
Department: QUALITY Pay Scale: $15 – $24/hr.
The main function in this job is utilizing a CMM for dimensional inspections, (detail parts, components, and assemblies) in a production/manufacturing environment. Secondary would be assisting other department members as needed.
- Understand process plan including all customer supplied information, both written and digital
- Set-up all standard and custom fixturing required
- Inspect parts both safely and efficiently
- Collaborate with various departments to maintain the flow of products throughout the manufacturing process
- Able to execute multiple tasks while maintaining focus on safety, quality, and cost
- Perform First Article, In Process, and final inspections on products to required inspection data
- Understanding of AS9100
- Read and understand inspection reports
- Completing AS9102 and associated documentation
- Other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Be accountable for required assignments; time management; successful completion of assigned work and reports
- Work well with co-workers, and personnel from other departments, i.e., Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.
- Maintain a positive attitude in representation of the Company and its products
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and communication skills, problem solving
- Highly advanced aerospace blueprint reading skills including strong working knowledge of GD&T including true position, surface profile, parallelism, concentricity, runout, etc.
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (AS9102) to authorize production readiness
- Experience using a wide variety of QA hand tools to measure and record dimensions and tolerances
- Experience with automated multi-axis CMM setup, fixturing and operation
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3+ years’ experience with automated multi-axis CMM setup, fixturing and operation
- 3+ years’ experience using PCDMIS
- Primary lab environment 80%
- Secondary work in manufacturing environment with some exposure to heat, cold and noise conditions 20%
- This position requires periods of prolonged and/or to regularly stand, walk, carry, reach, and lift 50 lbs. during a normal shift
As a CMM Operator/Quality Inspector you will be graded on the following areas:
- Punctuality and Attendance
- Quality of Work
- Job Knowledge
- Work Effort and Initiative
- Meeting schedule and quality requirements