Kencoa Aerospace is an advanced aerospace manufacturer of precision machined components, sheetmetal fabrications, and complex assemblies for commercial, military, and business jets world wide. Our location in Eastman GA (2 hours south of Atlanta and 45 minutes from Warner Robins Air Force Base) is a Tier 1 supplier for Boeing Defense, Boeing Commercial, Lockheed Martin, Gulfstream, and more. Kencoa prides itself on hiring highly motivated and skilled individuals who have a wide range of experience within the Aerospace industry.
Qualified applicants should send email with resume & cover letter to: Job@KencoaAerospace.com
DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON – DO NOT PHONE CALL TO INQUIRE.
All applicants must provide proof of citizenship and submit to a criminal background check and random drug screening.
Kencoa Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
|JOB TITLE: CNC PROGRAMMER|
Reports To: Programming Lead
Pay Scale: $20 – $30 /hr
The CNC Programmer is responsible for generating CNC programs, assisting in job setup, program prove out, and assisting in the manufacturing of complex aerospace components and assemblies.
- Understand process plan including all customer supplied information, both written and digital
- Responsible for taking product from start to finish including machining, forming, and assembly
- Design fixtures and tooling for machining centers and assembly
- Select all standard and custom tooling required
- Able to read, edit, and optimize Gcode programs for machining efficiency
- Produce documentation for machine operators to set-up and machine quality parts both safely and efficiently
- Collaborate with various departments to maintain the flow of products throughout the manufacturing process
- Able to manage multiple tasks while maintaining focus on safety, quality, and cost
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Program 3, 4, 5 axis machining centers, 4 axis lathe, waterjet, and router
- Proficient in using Mastercam for both solid modeling and programming
- Experience in high speed machining strategies for aluminum, stainless, titanium, and HSRA
- Ability to communicate technical information to machine operators
- GD&T and CATIA V5 a plus
- Working knowledge of sheet metal forming, both hydro-form and press brake.
- Be accountable for required assignments; time management; successful completion of assigned work and reports.
- Work well with personnel from other departments, i.e., Manufacturing, Production, Purchasing, etc.
- Maintain a positive attitude in representation of the Company and its products
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Machine Tool Technology Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in CNC machining and operation
- Experience with 4 & 5 axis milling and multi axis lathes is preferred.
- Primary office environment 70%
- Secondary work in manufacturing environment with some exposure to heat, cold, and noise conditions 30%
As a CNC Programmer you will be graded on the following areas:
- Punctuality and Attendance
- Quality of Work
- Job Knowledge
- Work Effort and Initiative
- Meeting quality requirements